This blog is devoted to the application of optical fibers in photography. I have several homemade (DIY) flash adapters channeling the light from the flash close to the lens. The technique can be used mainly for macro photography, but I will show examples for wide angle close focus techniques as well. The recent version is called fiberstrobe V3, hence the name of the blog is "fiberstrobe".

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Best of 2013


At the end of the year in the winter holiday season I always try to find a bit of time to overview my photographic work. My best 12 photos from 2012 you can find here:
Best of 2012
The selection process this year was even more difficult. If I look back to the year I’ve managed to accomplish many great projects. One of my favorite ones was the pasta study. The rim-light adapter worked wonders with those pasta. Shooting small animals in a DIY macro fiber aquarium was also a great fun. I’ve even won a 3rd place of the Hungarian EISA award for macro photography.
I’ve finished the twin-flash adapter for the NEX-5 that illuminated many great wide angle and macro photos. I also traveled a lot, visited Innsbruck in Austria, Santiago de Compostela in Spain, Hungary, Croatia. Family trips were also good opportunities to take nice photos. I have to mention my wonderful family. They are not just posing for pictures but also great hunters of photographic subjects. Both my kids are great mushroom hunters.
I even had time for scuba diving, however, it was not that productive as I expected.
In my opinion I produced plenty of nice pictures and the selection process was rather difficult. I tried to include mainly photos taken with DIY photo equipment. Finally I narrowed down the selection to 16 photos:

I hope my following year will be as productive as this year was. 
I wish you also a happy new year with nice (natural or artificial) lights!!

Few photos from the selection:


No comments:

Post a Comment