This blog is devoted to the application of optical fibers in photography. I have several homemade (DIY) flash adapters channeling the light from the flash close to the lens. The technique can be used mainly for macro photography, but I will show examples for wide angle close focus techniques as well. The recent version is called fiberstrobe V3, hence the name of the blog is "fiberstrobe".

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Snowflakes again

This is a subject I have to re-shoot again and again. Especially because I'm still far from perfection. Now I used an acrylic stand and I used the V3 adapter but only one arm with a flag. Bare fibers caused strange reflections. The light was angled in a way to not reach the lens, so only the diffracted lights from the snowflakes crystals reached the sensor. A kind of dark field photography.



In the last photo, you can see the light source.


No comments:

Post a Comment