This blog is devoted to the application of optical fibers in photography. I have several homemade (DIY) flash adapters channeling the light from the flash close to the lens. The technique can be used mainly for macro photography, but I will show examples for wide angle close focus techniques as well. The recent version is called fiberstrobe V3, hence the name of the blog is "fiberstrobe".

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Science Center Spectrum, Berlin

Recently I've visited the the Deutsches Technikmuseum and the Science Center Spectrum in Berlin. I can really recommend both for you and your family. My kids enjoyed the science center with lots of hand-on experiments explaining physics. The section about the optics was extremely cool and there was a demonstration explaining how the optical fibers work. I tried to take a photo but it was pitch dark:


At the next station you can manipulate prisms and lenses:

The Deutsches Technikmusem has a very nice exhibition about the history of the photography. My children were too tired so I left them with my wife and I just rushed through the exhibition. his small showcase was devoted to underwater photography:

Some cool old classic lenses were also exhibited:

The museum and the science centre is next to each other and you have to buy only one ticket for both.
Highly recommended if you visit Berlin.




No comments:

Post a Comment