This blog is devoted to the application of optical fibers in photography. I have several homemade (DIY) flash adapters channeling the light from the flash close to the lens. The technique can be used mainly for macro photography, but I will show examples for wide angle close focus techniques as well. The recent version is called fiberstrobe V3, hence the name of the blog is "fiberstrobe".

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Cheese

I rarely ask people to say cheese when I take group photos, but today I did real cheese photography. I've tried recently a La Corona cheese that was new in the selection of our supermarket. It was really delicious and while eating I've also recognized its very interesting structure. Yesterday I bought a new piece and before eating it I took few photos. I found the rim lighting as the best way to bring out the surface structure of the cheese:


Here you can see a bit my DIY fiber optic rim light adapter, so you can imagine the lighting set-up:


The photo was taken with a sony nex-5 and the sel30M35 macro lens on a tripod. A radio-triggered external flash provided the light through the rim light adapter.

Guten Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete